Welcome! You have arrived at a website operated by Omnirax Furniture Company or our affiliates (“Omnirax,” “we”, “our” or “us”). Omnirax offers the best in broadcast, office and technical furniture. We have been in business over 45 years. To paraphrase Bob Dylan, “we were so much older then, we’re younger than that now.”
At Omnirax, we take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes the types of personal information (as defined below) that we collect, how we use it, how and when we share it, and the rights you have with respect to your information. It also explains how we communicate with you and how you can make inquiries and requests to us about your information. We strive to help you understand how we use your information to improve our products, services, marketing, and interactions with you, as part of our commitment to maintaining your trust.
This Notice applies when you use or access the website, www.omnirax.com, www.omniraxfinance.com, www.shop.omnirax.com, and their subdomains or portals (the “Sites”) or otherwise provide Personal Information or interact with us online or in-person at our showroom. For the purpose of this Notice, “Personal Information” means any personal information relating to an identified or identifiable individual that is protected by applicable privacy laws. We refer to all of the above as “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to our Terms of Service.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Information We Collect
This section describes what information we collect from you through our Sites and Services. We may receive information (including Personal Information) in the following ways:
Information That You Provide to Us
As you interact with our Sites and Services, we collect Personal Information via the online chat function and webforms or inputs/uploads on our Sites, and through telephone calls, letters, emails and other communications with you. We collect information such as:
- Contact and account information. Such as your first and last name, email address, home or business address, telephone numbers, mobile numbers and password;
- Financial information. Through our payment processors, we may receive information such as your credit card or debit card number, bank account information and your payment, service and purchase history; if you apply through financing through our financing company, you might be required to provide additional personal information;
- Social media information. Such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Sites and other service (such as tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook and Twitter) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media page or other pages accessible to us);
- Employment information. If you apply for employment with us, your current or past employment or educational information, as well as references and referrals provided to us in connection with your employment applications; and/or
- Other information. Information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally or identify your household or device.
Your decision to provide us with Personal Information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Sites or our Services.
Information That Is Automatically Collected
Like many businesses, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Sites and Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI, or another unique identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, browser language, settings and behavior, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
- The areas within the Sites that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your Device location or other location information, including the zip code, state or country from which you accessed the Services;
- Your Device characteristics;
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Sites or other information used to provide analytics or other usage information;
- Information about your engagement with our emails; and
- Statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Sites and Services. This aggregate information is derived from Personal Information but cannot be tied back to you or your web browser.
If you visit our showroom in Sausalito, our building may use closed circuit video surveillance cameras (“CCTV”) to monitor building security and assist in crime prevention, detection, and investigation, and to ensure the health and safety of our staff and visitors to our facilities.
Information Collected from Third Parties
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for business and commercial purposes, including to provide the products and services you request, to perform customer service functions, for security and fraud prevention, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to perform website and mobile application analytics.
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including to:
To Provide Our Services
We process certain personal information when you access or use our services, including to:
- process your purchases of, or requests for, products and services;
- register and verify user accounts;
- support and improve our loyalty program;
- deliver gift cards or e-gifts, and any associated personalized messages, in accordance with your instructions;
- facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications, including payment-related functionality; and
- customize experiences and personalization when you are on our Sites or our showroom.
To Communicate with You
We process certain information in order to communicate with you in relation to your accounts, our services, our marketing, and your requests, including to:
- communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, contests, and sweepstakes;
- respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- post your comments or statements on our websites;
- send you personalized promotions, content, and special offers;
- communicate with you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- implement your communications preferences, such as sharing information with our business partners so that they may email you about their promotions, products and initiatives; and
- provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls.
For Improvement of Our Sites and Services
We want to ensure that our Sites and Services are continually improving and expanding so that we meet and exceed your needs and expectations. To do so, we may process certain personal information, including to:
- maintain, improve, and analyze our Sites, ads, and the products and services we offer; and
- detect, prevent, or investigate suspicious activity or fraud.
To Comply with Applicable Laws
We may be required to process certain personal information under certain laws and regulations, such as tax laws, as well as to:
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and respond to lawful governmental requests, as needed.
To Enforce our Terms, Agreements, or Policies
To maintain a safe, secure, and trusted environment for you when you use our Sites and Services, we use your personal information to ensure our terms, policies, and agreements with you and any third parties are enforced.
Evaluate Your Application for Employment
- To evaluate your application for employment or administer employment benefits.
Evaluate Your Application for Financing
- To evaluate your application for Financing through Omnirax Furniture Company Finance.
With Your Consent
We may process certain personal information in order to fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your consent.
You can alter the configuration of your browser to refuse to accept cookies, but it is possible that doing so may cause limited functionality of the Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or device, and you may need to log in every time you visit.
We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Advertising cookies
- Essential cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Social Media cookies
We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the Sites and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
If you have any questions about cookies or to generally find out more about cookies, visit this site.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Do Not Track
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites and platforms. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals), but there is no universally agreed-upon standard for what a company should do when it detects a DNT signal. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
With your consent, Omnirax communicates with you via a variety of print and digital media. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us at any time. To manage your communications preferences with Omnirax — or to opt out of communications entirely — please unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Share Your Information
We share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, shipping, data analysis, information technology, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing and other services. We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Third Party Advertising
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the following:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://adssettings.google.com
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
Aside from the instances described above, we will only share your personal information:
- to comply with the law;
- to respond to claims or comply with legal process served on Omnirax (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant, or court order);
- to enforce or apply our policies or agreements;
- to protect and defend our rights or property or that of our customers, employees, visitors, or the public;
- in connection with a business transfer, sale, liquidation, or merger;
- if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure; and
- with your consent.
Third Party Links
Out Sites may contain links to other websites such as social media platforms, other websites, and event and partner websites. These websites are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Please review the Privacy Notices or Policies of those websites to understand the privacy practices of these third parties.
International Transfers of Data
The Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using the Sites and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as those in the European Union (“EU”). Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your Personal Information to the United States.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in California. We adopt this section to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and California Privacy Reform Act (“CPRA”).
If you are a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
Right to Access and Information Regarding Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to which we disclosed the Personal Information; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you. There may be certain exceptions to our obligation to delete your information such as if you have an existing account or transaction with us or if we have a legitimate business reason to keep your information.
Right to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information. We do not sell personal information, but we recognize that some privacy laws define “personal information” in such a way that making available identifiers linked to you for a benefit may be considered a “sale.” To opt-out of this, please click on this link.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of the aforementioned rights, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive different price or rate for goods or service or at a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, as permitted by the CCPA, we may offer you certain financial incentives. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
We collect certain types of Personal Information about you during your relationship with us, as stated above. In particular, we collected the following categories of Personal Information from California consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Collected (Yes/No)||Sources of Personal Information Collected|
|Identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number, unique id, and other identifiers listed in the Personal Information Collected section above.||Yes||You
|The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” and (2) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Collect” above.||Yes||You
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law list any of these that you collect: race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status.||No||N/A|
|Commercial information, including information about orders or purchases of any of our products or services; registration information, specials, and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, contest, survey or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.||Yes||You
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, or Omnirax pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms.||Yes||Automatically|
|Audio information from calls placed with customer service, and video surveillance information from our showroom.||Yes||Automatically|
|Professional or employment-related information||Yes||You
|Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumers preference and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.||Yes||Third Parties|
|Sensitive Personal Information such as racial / ethnic origin, political opinions, religious / philosophical beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, sex life / sexual orientation, past or spent criminal convictions, mail, email and text message content, precise geolocation data, social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number, account login, financial account, debit card, or credit card number||No||N/A|
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You or your authorized agent may make a request to access, correct, delete or opt-out of the disclosure of your Personal Information for business purposes. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child if you believe we have received their information inadvertently. You may request to exercise the aforementioned rights by:
- Submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us at (800) 332-3393
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity and residency before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. If you use an authorized agent, we may require proof of written authorization you have given to make the request. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law. We will confirm receipt of the request within 10 business days describing our verification process. We will respond to your request within 45 days or let you know if we need additional time.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code § 1798.83 further permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Sites and Services are not directed at children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect or receive Personal Information from them. If we learn that we have received Personal Information from a child who is under 18, we will delete the data. If you believe that we have received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of that information.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. We will post all changes to this Privacy Notice on this page and will indicate at the top of the page the modified notice’s effective date. We therefore encourage you to refer to this page on an ongoing basis so that you are aware of our current privacy notice. If required by the applicable law, we will notify you of the changes. By continuing to use the Sites and/or the Services or providing us with information following such a replacement Notice being uploaded, you agree that you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the Privacy Notice as changed.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 1972
Sausalito, CA 94966
US Toll Free (800) 332-3393
International (415) 332-3392