Innova Line of Custom Broadcast Furniture
Innova is our signature line of Custom Broadcast Furniture. We use our Collaborative Discovery and Design Process to get proven results backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
The Innova look is distinguished by sweeping graceful perimeter curves, contoured to your specific application, room dimensions, and equipment. We have a vast library of modular components and connect them with a robust support system. When new situations arise, we present innovative ideas and fresh looks to ensure that we will build you studio furniture that we will all be proud of for years to come.
The process of designing and building customized furniture begins with a drawing. While we love it when we get CAD drawings to begin with, we can convert most anything – a pdf, a blueprint, a sketch on a napkin – into a form that we can work with in the computer.
We have a simple set of questions for you to answer that will focus on those aspects of your project which affect furniture design. Click here to schedule a Design Session.
Once we have a drawing and this outline of your needs, we are ready to design. In most cases, we meet over the web using GoToMeeting and engage in what we call “live design”. These sessions can accommodate multiple people in multiple locations. While our experience is that we primarily deal with engineers, we work and play well with architects, interior designers, station owners, project managers, program directors and talent (to name a few of our regular collaborators).
In these design sessions, we can lay out a studio, explore multiple configuration options, demonstrate proven solutions and easily play “what if” in real time. We’ve found that this vastly speeds up the design process and allows us to quickly generate accurate quotes.
Studio design encompasses proper positioning of talent for optimized sound and sight-lines, logical equipment rack location and carefully considered cable routing throughout the furniture. We precisely place consoles and key pieces of equipment, map power and data entry points and suggest ideal monitor and microphone boom positioning.
Should the project warrant it, we have the capability of generating 3d presentation drawings, or even photo-real renderings. The beauty of CAD design is that there are no surprises – what you see in design is what the studio looks like in your space!
We believe that “the first thing in the room shouldn’t be the last thing you think about.” (Read our January 2014 Article in Radio Magazine about this very subject!) It is our experience that when Omnirax is brought into projects at the earliest stages, they invariably go smoothly. Our biggest customers routinely come to us as soon as they have a space in mind. Focusing on the furniture often crystallizes other considerations about space, budget and equipment. It is no surprise to us that we are “The Engineer’s Choice.”
- Countertop seams are kept to a minimum. They are curved to eliminate slippage, unevenness, and reflection. Wherever Countertops are cut for Console placement, we provide steel support beams bolted in place. In addition to support via Rack Bays and Panels, we strategically place both 60mm and 76mm legs in an open framework for maximum seating comfort.
- Cable Runways are provided throughout the installation, supported by our proprietary “G-Bar” construction, which links Countertop with supporting Panels as well as providing a secure framework to attach Covers. Support Panels are bolted to both countertops and cabinets, and have independent leveling feet. The result is that wire runs are easy to install, maintain and access, while being cleanly hidden from view.
- Lower Rack Bays are solidly constructed using Cam Fittings, with Full-Hole EIA specification Rack Rails. Easily removable Pop-Off ports are secured via Magnetic Catches. Ports are provided on either side or rear of racks as the design dictates to allow access for installation and maintenance. Cabinets each have independent leveling feet. Additional cable management is provided via open bottom construction, “mouse hole” ports into cable raceways at floor level, and oval grommets at the G-Bar level.
- Upper Rack Bays are solidly constructed using Cam Fittings, with Full-Hole EIA specification Rack Rails. Easily removable Pop-Off ports are secured via Magnetic Catches. Ports are provided on either side or rear of racks as the design dictates to allow access for installation and maintenance. Upper bays are supported by our “Cable Column” and Post design, which manages cable runs while freeing up additional workspace on the countertop. Accessory Turrets are similarly designed in a wide variety of sizes, angles and configurations.
- Construction is of High Pressure Laminate, balanced Panels laid up on “green” Industrial Grade Particleboard. All edges are trimmed with matching or contrasting Extruded PVC Tee Molding for maximum durability. Countertops have “Wedge – Tee;” Cabinetry and Panels have “Flat” Tee. Tee Molding can be color matched to suit your architectural scheme. Countertops are HPL or Corian Solid Surface or a combination of the two.
- Precision Assembly is guaranteed as each custom room is rigorously checked in CAD before it is cut, and then fully assembled in our shop to ensure precise fit and finish. Each piece comes with detailed assembly instructions that include 3-D line drawings, photos, all necessary hardware, and specialized tools to make your assembly smooth and precise. We pride ourselves on building robust furniture that is easy to install and wire up.
- Packaging is treated with the same attention to detail. All racks are shipped fully assembled and placed on custom pallets with plenty of protection. Panels and countertops will be flat packed in custom boxes with ample internal cushioning to withstand the rigors of commercial transport. Detailed manifests are double checked and sent in advance along with tracking and carrier contact information.
- On-Site Installation is available upon request. We can send our experienced, agreeable and well qualified technicians to assemble your furniture. Most customers handle this themselves because the design of our furniture makes it so easy to build. On larger projects, we routinely send our technician to work with your staff or integrators to speed things along.
No products were found matching your selection.