Phoenix Line of Broadcast Studio Furniture
In 2004 we launched our Innova Line of custom Broadcast Studio Furniture. Since that time, we have designed and built custom Innova Furniture for countless stations of every size all across the country – from single studios individually owned, to high profile complete facilities with upwards of 40 studios, owned by major broadcast groups. (For more information about the Innova line, see (hyperlink to Innova here.
In these challenging economic times, not every broadcast station owner has the budget for custom designed studio furniture. And not every situation warrants a custom furniture solution. In response to numerous requests, for Innova line design, quality and flexibility, at budget value pricing, we’ve developed the Phoenix Line – the highly anticipated “productionization” of Innova.
Now you can get the “best of” – a distillation of successful, proven custom designs – built with the same rugged materials and constructed with the same exacting techniques as the Innova line, but at a significantly lower price point.
Our initial offering consists of 3 basic configurations – Air, Production and Talk – each available with a variety of add-ons that afford additional space or functionality. The entire line is flexible and fluid, allowing for further modifications at surprisingly affordable prices. Phoenix is Innova, born anew.
What’s with all those curves?
Before we entered the Broadcast Furniture market, we took a look at what was being offered. And what we saw, were straight lines. Everywhere we looked – straight lines. We thought; why not humanize the hard edges of technology? Why not create an environment where people could feel “at home” in the space where they worked?
All of our smooth sinuous curves not only look and feel good – they are thoughtfully integrated into the total design concept to enhance the experience of both the operator/host and the guests. We intentionally wrap our countertops around operator positions to create more precious real estate close at hand. And we scallop the guest positions so that even newcomers to a station intuitively know where to sit – in just the right spot to be heard on the mic, to reach that cough switch and to make eye contact with the host.
Don’t cut corners, cut costs!
The Phoenix Line’s designs are built using the same materials and techniques as our industry leading Innova line, and assembled by the same crack staff. We ship fully assembled rack components, flat-packed countertops and support panels along with our proprietary G-Bar Raceway system hardware. This combination makes assembly, integration and access a breeze.
Images – Radio Mag Covers, links to Terre Haute article, pic from Addison, etc.
- Countertops consist of a single piece of laminate without seams, joints or overlaps. We gladly cut holes for consoles and when we do we provide steel support beams bolted in place. In addition to support via Rack Bays and Panels, we strategically place both 60mm and 76mm legs in an open framework for maximum seating comfort.
- Cable Runways are provided throughout the installation, supported by our proprietary “G-Bar” construction, which links Countertop with supporting Panels as well as providing a secure framework to attach Covers. Support Panels are bolted to both countertops and cabinets, and have independent leveling feet. The result is that wire runs are easy to install, maintain and access, while being cleanly hidden from view.
- Lower Rack Bays are solidly constructed using Cam Fittings, with Full-Hole EIA specification Rack Rails. Easily removable Pop-Off ports are secured via Magnetic Catches. Ports are provided on either side or rear of racks as the design dictates to allow access for installation and maintenance. Cabinets each have independent leveling feet. Additional cable management is provided via open bottom construction, “mouse hole” ports into cable raceways at floor level, and oval grommets at the G-Bar level.
- Upper Rack Bays are solidly constructed using Cam Fittings, with Full-Hole EIA specification Rack Rails. Easily removable Pop-Off ports are secured via Magnetic Catches. Ports are provided on either side or rear of racks as the design dictates to allow access for installation and maintenance. Upper bays are supported by our “Cable Column” and Post design, which manages cable runs while freeing up additional workspace on the countertop.
- Construction is of High Pressure Laminate, balanced panels laid up on “green” Industrial Grade Particleboard. All edges are trimmed with matching or contrasting Extruded PVC Tee Molding for maximum durability. Countertops have “Wedge – Tee;” Cabinetry and Panels have “Flat” Tee. Tee Molding can be color matched to suit your architectural scheme.
- Precision Assembly is guaranteed. Each piece comes with detailed assembly instructions that include 3-D line drawings, photos, all necessary hardware, and specialized tools to make your assembly smooth and precise. We pride ourselves on building robust furniture that is easy to install and wire up.
- Packaging is treated with the same attention to detail. All racks are shipped fully assembled and placed on custom pallets with plenty of protection. Panels and countertops will be flat packed in custom boxes with ample internal cushioning to withstand the rigors of commercial transport. Detailed manifests are double checked and sent in advance along with tracking and carrier contact information.
- On-Site Installation is available upon request. We can send our experienced, agreeable and well qualified technicians to assemble your furniture. Most customers handle this themselves because the design of our furniture makes it so easy to build.
Showing all 5 results